60 minute group dog walks for dogs under 12 months
Furry Friends Pet Services offer a specialist puppy/small dog walk which is suitable for dogs new to group walking, or for very small or timid dogs who enjoy the company of dogs of a similar size / temperament. When ready, dogs can progress to more energetic main group walks as they mature. Whilst being a great way for young dogs to play, our puppy/small dog walk is also a valuable opportunity for youngsters to develop good doggie manners, and canine social and communication skills.
Our 60 minute puppy walk takes place in Brighton and Hove. Dogs are transported in light and spacious air-conditioned family cars using secure crates and custom designed dog cages with escape hatches. (We moved away from using dog vans as in our experience some dogs got very nervous when travelling in vans).
We collect your dog and give them a thorough walk and play before dropping them home again. All dogs receive a good rub down with a towel after a wet or muddy walk before being let back into your home.
Our group walks take place in Brighton and Hove’s parks, woods and conservation areas, and always well away from main roads and livestock. Walks mainly take place in:
- Stanmer Park
- Sheepcote Valley
- Wild Park
- Whitehawk Hill
We always walk new dogs on the lead whilst we get to know each other, however in the long-term it’s most beneficial for dogs to walk off-lead so they can exercise and socialise with the other dogs as much as possible, however we are happy to build up to this by lead walking dogs for as long as necessary, and this will always be in consultation with you and on an individual basis.
£10 per walk, Monday – Friday
Important information about puppy group walks
- We take out two group walks a day: Hove/central Brighton area in the late morning, (picking dogs up from 10.30 – 11.30) and Hanover/Kemptown area in the early afternoon (picking up 1-2pm), however pick up times can and do vary depending on traffic and other factors and it may be necessary to change the walk your dog goes on
- We will walk uncastrated male dogs only up to the age of 12 months
- Bitches in season can come out on a lead on a puppy group walk providing no entire males are in the group
- In extreme weather (eg thunder, hail) or in the dogs’ best interests (dog becomes unwell, issue at walk location – bikers etc) your walker may need to make the call and reserves the right to finish a walk early
- Cancellation fees will apply if a booked walk is cancelled with less than 7 days’ notice.