You must let us know about any information which may be relevant to the care and well-being of your pet, including dietary, medical and aggression information.
We take great care of all animals we look after, however if we need to take your pet to the vet whilst in our care you will be liable for all vets fees, however any injury occurred.
Any verbal or physical abuse or threats to any member of the Furry Friends team will result in the immediate termination of any agreement or contract held with us. Any booked services will be cancelled and no refunds will be given!
Dog walking terms and conditions
- You should provide a suitable and properly sized and secure harness or collar, as well as a coat / muzzle for your dog if required.
- For your pet’s safety we securely tag all dogs with our company name, address and phone number; Owners must ensure this tag remains on the dog’s collar when s/he is in our care. If lost there is a £5 replacement fee which will be added to your bill.
- Please ensure you provide spare towels at home to dry dogs with. Whilst we will always attempt to effectively and responsibly clean dogs of mud, dirt and so on, we cannot be held responsible for any damage to your property or furnishings by muddy coats, paws etc.
- We will remove your dog’s waste from public paths and other places when out with us.
- We walk a maximum of eight compatible dogs at one same time.
- Unless at our discretion, we do not take on un-neutered males over 8 months, or any male pup which which will not be neutered. Bitches in season cannot be walked on a group walk with us until the season is finished.
- Bookings are not finalised until written confirmation from us (either via email or text) is received by you.
We require seven days’ notice to cancel a pre-booked dog walk before the scheduled booking begins or payment will still be due.
- We reserve the right to immediately terminate a walking contract in the event a dog becomes in any way aggressive or dangerous.
- We reserve the right to end a walk early or cancel a walk in the case of extreme weather (i.e. thunder/excessive heat/snow/hail) or any unforeseen emergency.
- Walk, pick up and drop off times are subject to traffic, weather (muddy dogs take longer to be cleaned before going home!), our pick up route and walk schedule on any given day so are not guaranteed, although we will always attempt to accommodate requests.
- Dogs are transported appropriately together in cages after a suitable ‘bedding in’ period has passed. New dogs are never transported with a dog they have not met and got along with before.
- If no bookings or contact are made (for dogs walking) for 6 months any keys held will be securely disposed of, unless a key return is requested during this time.
Our current rates are set out on the Prices section of our website.
Payment of any outstanding balance is due three working days after invoicing.
Occasionally we may need to change a scheduled walk or visit due to unforeseen circumstances, and reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified/experienced substitute walker or pet feeder.
Cancellations by us will only be made in extreme circumstances and will not be chargeable.
We hold full public liability insurance and are approved by Brighton and Hove City Council – please ask if you would like to see our certificates.
Owners will be held liable for all medical expenses and damages in the event of any injury caused by your dog to a member of our staff or any dog in our care.
Owners may be billed for all and any damage howsoever caused by a dog to our property.
In the event of an emergency, we will attempt to contact you on the numbers provided to confirm what action you would like us to take. If you cannot be reached, we will either:
- Transport the dog(s) to the listed veterinarian
- Request on-site treatment from a veterinarian
- Transport the dog(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible.
We keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information.